Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher Needed
Seeking 200-500-hour Registered Yoga Teacher to provide classroom instruction (and subbing) in our beautiful Simonds-Hurd Complementary Care Center located on the Burbank campus of UMass Memorial – HealthAlliance Hospital in Fitchburg. Class needing instruction is a long-standing and well-attended Saturday morning “Yoga for Fitness” class. Position is for an Independent Contractor. Must have current liability insurance. Forward resume and/or inquiries to Lynn Gerrits at email@example.com.
Experienced Licensed Acupuncturists Needed
Hospital-based complementary care center is seeking licensed Acupuncturist with a minimum of 5 years experience who has training and experience working with oncology, orthopedic conditions, chronic pain and people with a full range of health and wellness concerns. Two opportunities are available including both contract and grant positions, both great opportunities for a highly motivated, traditionally trained Acupuncturist to build a practice with a vibrant group of complementary healing professionals. The grant position involves a set amount of hours in the cancer center and requires some experience with oncology. Contract position is a fee-for-service model in the Complementary Care Center providing both private and clinic-style acupuncture on an outpatient basis. Marketing and promotional materials are provided. We are a passionate and group of professionals who are dedicated to improving our clients’ physical, mental and spiritual health by providing the highest quality wellness services and customer service. Position is for an independent contractor. Must have liability insurance. Forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experienced Licensed Massage Therapists Needed
Seeking to hire highly motivated and creative part-time licensed massage therapist with 3+ years of experience – advanced training in oncology massage required. Additional training and experience in prenatal massage, reflexology, cranio-sacral and hospital-based massage is highly desired. A fully furnished treatment room is shared among therapists (massage, acupuncture and Reiki) with all supplies provided. Ideal candidate will be passionate and dedicated to working with an integrated team of providers to provide the highest quality care for our patients and customers from the community. Potential for work with inpatients on Leominster campus. Position is for an independent contractor. Must have liability insurance. Forward resume and/or inquiries to Lynn Gerrits at email@example.com.
Numerous Volunteer Positions Available
Call Lynn Gerrits at 978-343-5098 for HealthAlliance Hospital Volunteer application (electronic or hardcopy). Minimum 2-4 hours/week required (negotiable). Flexible days and hours available.
1. Reiki Volunteer – Level II Reiki Practitioners needed for established hospital-wide Reiki Volunteer program providing brief Reiki sessions to patients, visitors and staff. Choice of location: Cancer Center in Fitchburg (M-F before 2pm) or hospital campus in Leominster (any day or shift). Program training included. Reiki volunteers are highly valued and sought after and as the programs grow on both campuses, more are desperately needed to meet patient need.
2. Complementary Care Center – Responsibilities include admin tasks, assisting Wellness Associate, Manager, and providers as needed. Must have familiarity with and/or interest and willingness to learn about complementary care and all that we offer. Will often function independently at reception desk.
3. Caring Hands Massage Program – Volunteers will be trained on proper hand massage techniques, hospital procedures for infection control, unit orientations, etc. Volunteers cannot have acrylic/fake or long nails. Existing volunteers may be eligible to cross train for this program.
4. Soothing Sounds Music Program – Musicians and Vocalists Wanted! Designed to provide quality live music to decrease the physical and psychological impact of waiting periods, and provide a relaxing, engaging, and healing experience for patients, families, and staff at HealthAlliance Hospital. Lend your musical talents and share the healing nature of music with our patients and visitors. Must be able to perform independently (unless part of a small ensemble). Must be able to provide at least 30 minutes of non-repeating repetoire. Eligible instruments: flute, violin, keyboard, harp, acoustic guitar, cello. Opportunities include playing in patient rooms, on nursing unit, or in patient waiting areas/lobby.
5. Licensed Massage Therapists – For HealthAlliance Hospital Free Employee Chair Massage Program (M-F only). 1x/monthly for 4 hours. Must have current liability insurance.