The therapists at the Simonds-Hurd Complementary Care Center are certified and licensed providers who provide their skills and talents as independent contractors. Each one of them, however, share a common foundation and passion, that of a holistic view of wellness and a desire to encourage, teach and support their clients in a quest for healing and to achieve a more balanced and peaceful life. If you would like to print our services brochure, please click here. Service brochure 2017 rev
Practiced for over 5,000 years, acupuncture reestablishes the energetic balance of body, mind and spirit through the u se of sterile, single-use disposable needles which are inserted at specific points on the body. Treatment may also include use of electro-acupuncture, TENS units, heat lamps, cupping or low-frequency lasers. Acupuncture excels at treating musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction as well as a wide range of disease patterns. To learn more about acupuncture, click acupuncture-brochure.
|Subsequent 1 hour private sessions||$60|
Available by appointment:
|Behrooz Mahjori Sabet, Lic. Ac.||617-642-2141||Tuesday/Thursday|
|Lalou Begue, Lic. Ac.||978-578-3872||Wednesday/Friday|
*We provide a $10 discount to cancer patients currently in treatment, at our cancer center or others, off a one-hour session of Acupuncture, Reiki and Massage
- Community Acupuncture
- $30/session or $100/4 visit card.
- Swedish Massage
- Utilizes long, smooth and kneading strokes to improve circulation, lymphatic flow, and relieve muscle tension.
- Deep Tissue
- Deep trigger point pressure on contracted areas releases chronic tightness and tension.
- This invigorating massage designed for active sports enthusiasts incorporates stretching to enhance range of motion.
Our massage therapists are licensed in the state of Massachusetts and nationally certified in therapeutic massage and bodywork. To schedule an appointment for any of the massage techniques listed here, contact one of the following therapists directly:
For the best massage therapy experience, please follow these guidelines:
* Consult your primary care physician before getting a massage if you’re being treated for a medical or skin condition or if you experience severe skin, joint or muscle inflammation.
* If you have a cold or the flu, please reschedule your appointment.
* Shower or bathe before your appointment.
* Wear loose clothing to your appointment, and be aware that some massage therapy oils stain clothing.
* To prevent nausea, stop eating or drinking one to two hours before your session.
Massage Special Starting 7/1/17:
1-hour massage only $40
(Available only with Lynn Rochefort, LMT)
Cannot be combined with other offers, discounts or promotions. New clients only. One per person.
The following services are available by Lynn Rochefort (508-816-3994) Please call directly to schedule.
- Massage for Cancer Patients
- Offered with a lighter touch and by a therapist with advanced training, massage can help reduce stress, pain, anxiety and fatigue, while also increasing the immune response. Oncology massage brochure_2017
1 hour $50
- Lymphatic Massage
- Intended to stimulate the lymphatic system by releasing blockages and assisting the natural circulation required for the elimination of metabolic waste, excess fluids, and bacteria from the body. Consisting of gentle, rhythmic, circular movements, the therapy activates the muscle cells in the walls of the lymph vessels and the surrounding skeletal muscles necessary to propel the lymph through the system.
Athletes, surgical patients (i.e. liposuction, tummy tuck, lumpectomy and lymph node biopsy), fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue sufferers may want to consider lymphatic massage.
1 hour $60
- Muscle Release Technique℠
- The Muscle Release Technique℠ is a unique injury therapy that combines compression, extension, movement and breath to treat injuries and associated resilient adhesions and scar tissue.
1 hour $60
The following services are available by Maia Wentrup. Please call Maia at 617-549-8967 to schedule.
- Maternity Massage
- A deeply nurturing and supportive full body massage specifically designed for pre and post pregnancy. This massage relaxes the lower back muscles, increases circulation and reduces muscle soreness.
1 hour $65
Use our Loyalty card and after purchasing your 5th “mini” massage get the 6th free.
- Stress Buster A stress-relieving scalp and neck massage to eliminate knots and tension from the day.
- Heal Your Sole
- Aromatherapy steamed towels with essential oils followed by foot and lower leg massage. Great for plantar fasciitis!.
25 minutes $25
- Gentle Hands
- Hands and forearms are gently pampered. Great for arthritic hands and carpal tunnel!
25 minutes $25
- A gentle, yet powerful therapy for stress reduction and relaxation that boosts the body’s own healing system promoting physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. Reiki sessions can be scheduled with Kim McCummings, Lynn Rochefort, or Maia Wentrup.
30 minutes $30 1 hour $50
- Combines the balancing energy of Reiki with relaxing therapeutic massage.
1 hour $60 $30/session $100/4 visit card
Where East Meets West
Private/Semi-Private Yoga Instruction
Private and semi-private yoga instruction is available for students that want to work on specific poses, desire to deepen their practice, or may be working with injuries and want to learn how to modify poses so they can safely continue to practice until fully healed. Private yoga instruction may also include any and all of the magnificent tools of yoga (i.e. breath work and meditation and poses). Instruction is available by appointment for Thursday evenings or Saturday mornings with Yoga Instructor: Linda Nutter Snay, RYT. Please contact her directly by calling 860-455-5430. Click yoga-brochure to learn more about our extensive yoga program.
Insurance: Though we are currently unable to accept insurance, we will provide receipts and documentation if you choose to seek reimbursement for services. Check with your insurance company to see if your policy covers or reimburses complementary therapies or classes. Flexible Spending Accounts offered through your employer can be used for some services, though may require a physician referral.◄ Meet the StaffContact Staff ►